Why a Degree in Nutrition is an Ideal Choice
Without a doubt, wealth is health. That is why some people spend more than half of what they earn on implementing an ideal diet. However, statistics show that poor eating habits have become a real thorn in the flesh at the moment. In fact, there is enough evidence to show that more than a third of the world’s population is struggling to stay nutritionally healthy. This makes a degree in nutrition an ideal course as more guardians and parents turn to nutritionists for guidance on the ideal meals for themselves and their children.
Nutritionists have lots of influence on people’s lives not only within the health sector but in many other fields as well. In fitness centers, the advice of these professionals is sought and is known to hugely influence trainees’ workout and eventual outcome. A degree in nutrition would, therefore, give someone the opportunity to offer desired services within a number of environments.
What does a degree in nutrition offer?
A degree in nutrition has plenty to offer a trainee. These include;
- Prepares one to be influential in advocacy for proper nutrition. As a matter of fact, more people could spend less on managing excess weight if they were aware of the right diet to stick to.
- Puts an individual in a position to bring proper changes in the educational programs that promote healthy dietary lifestyles for both children and adults.
- Prepares individuals with skills to assess effectively the strategies that would boost nutritional therapy in various environments.
Apart from a degree in nutrition, a trainee may also consider a bachelor’s degree in tourism business administration. This course is designed to equip trainees with the following;
What does a Bachelor’s degree in tourism business administration offer?
- The ability to use information or skills learned to understand the aspects of administration when it comes to tourism and the nature of its development.
- Demonstrative skills during management positions within the tourism industry.
- Analytical skills and abilities to solve problems that may erupt within the tourism industry.
- Assess critically the numerous aspects encompassing the tourism sector. A Bachelor’s degree in business administration covers a wide area of the tourism as well as financial sector.
- Develop a critical understanding of the social, political and economic influences, not forgetting the impact of technology on the tourism sector.
Job Options for Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Business Administration
By studying for a bachelor’s degree in tourism business administration, an individual will have the following job options to consider;
- Tourism officer.
- Tour representative.
- Travel manager in an agency.
- Tourism information manager.
- Hotel manager.
- Event manager.
- Marketing executive.
- Education manager.
Although most employers often ask prospective job seekers to have some experience before consideration, an individual who has displayed consistency in performance during the course of study is often guaranteed an opportunity within the tourism sector. Also, most trainees gain immensely from internships. Click here ETAC
Students could also seek vocational interactions within the tourism and travel environments to gain more skills and knowledge. By working within these fields, one learns about products, operations, and even structures within the industry.