Drug and alcohol addiction is a complex issue yet is often underestimated. Many people view it as a social problem, at times thinking of those involved as weak morally hence unable to take charge of their lives. What most fail to understand is the fact that once an individual is addicted to alcohol, stopping the habit without help is not easy. Good news though; there are alcohol rehab Brisbane institutions that can be of assistance to people that are addicted.
Common Causes of Alcohol Addiction
Although drug addiction is viewed as a matter of choice, this is not the case at all times. Some people are pushed into alcohol abuse by circumstances beyond control, like injuries taking long periods of time to heal. Others get addicted after depression due to divorce or job loss. Whatever the reason for the condition, there are alcohol rehab Brisbane centers that cater for all types of drug and alcohol abuse cases.
Alcohol addiction is not easy to handle without professional help since users are compelled to seek its use each time the desire strikes. They disregard the feelings of friends and family, putting their desire above all else. To help a family member or friend, one can check them into alcohol rehab Brisbane facilities that will help them get back to normal life.
Getting to sobriety is not instant. It takes time, dedication as well as commitment. When an individual checks into an alcohol rehab Brisbane facility, the following are services to expect:
What Happens at a Rehabilitation Center?
- Intake – The first process is getting a patient into the center. The patient’s history is taken and specimen taken to determine the amount of intoxication in the blood stream. Family members or friends may choose an in-patient or out-patient facility. When doing this, there should be guiding factors including period of addiction, mental health condition and recommended type of treatment.
- Detoxification – This involves the removal of alcohol traces from a patient’s blood stream. During this process, an individual is likely to suffer from withdrawal symptoms. There are drugs designed to ease the situation.
As a matter of fact, the way detoxification works varies with individuals. Factors that affect the detoxification process include:
Factors Affecting Detoxification
- Composition of individual body structure and metabolism.
- Alcohol type and amount used.
- Duration of use.
If the process is done under professional supervision, the results can be encouraging. Find out if the alcohol rehab programs Brisbane has are designed to meet individual specific needs.
- Rehabilitation – Since people get into alcohol abuse due to certain reasons, after detoxification, these issues have to be addressed conclusively. Patients are advised to open up at this stage and share their fears, anxiety and misgivings.
- Recovery – After the completion of rehabilitation, there is still the recovery process. For some patients, recovery can take more time, more so if the environment of residence is not conducive. All the same, with support from family and friends, the journey can be easier to navigate.
Drug and alcohol addiction can be dealt with if one is willing. The first process is identifying an appropriate rehab center. Take a look at Brisbane alcohol rehab programs to determine if they suit individual needs.