The MP3 technology has been widely appreciated since its first edition release in 1993. According to one survey, more men are using MP3 music downloads services to enjoy their favorite songs and bands than women. Moreover, MP3 has become a preferred and convenient way of storing music for both young and old generations because of its ability to compress files.
What is an MP3 and how does it work?
MP3 stands for MPEG (Moving Pictures Experts Group) Audio Layer 3. It is a digital music format that uses complex mathematical algorithms to compress a file 10 to 12 times smaller than an uncompressed music track. It can also strip out a lot of sounds that a human ear cannot hear, hence reducing the file size without destroying its quality.
That being said, a 40-megabyte sound file from a CD can be reduced to 4 megabytes in an MP3 format. A downloaded MP3 file when played sounds almost as good as the original one as well.
What are the advantages?
· A smaller file size allows the user to rip a large number of music files on a disc. There can be 100 MP3 tracks on a standard audio CD, instead of around 15 tracks in the old format (.WAV).
· MP3’s small file size can be easily shared, downloaded, and e-mailed. It can be copied onto a portable MP3 player as well.
· Because of an MP3’s compact size, most MP3 players sold in the market are also small and handy. There are portable radios and CD players that are capable of playing MP3s, too.
· Millions of MP3 songs are available online and can be downloaded from free mobile MP3 music downloads websites.
· Numerous MP3-playing programs such as Window’s Media Player, WinAmp, Real Player, and iTunes are easily accessible – with iTunes as the main source of clear, quality, and free mp3 downloads for iPhones, iPods, and other Apple devices.
· Since MP3 music can be easily ripped off from CDs, the free music sharing has been spreading faster and wider. The distribution of music has become less expensive, too.
How to choose free mp3 download sites?
While there are numerous sites that offer free mobile MP3 music downloads, look for ones that provide legal music tracks – high-quality, secured, and free of malwares.
Here are some important points to consider when looking for the right website, helping you get your favorite songs while securing your computer or mobile phone’s safety:
· Do a thorough research to know what websites are legit and secured. While a website may be trustworthy and free of malwares, be on a good search to one that provides high-quality music. The songs must be heard clearly and the beats should sound well.
· Activate your firewall prior to downloading, protecting your PC from online threats.
· Look for websites that allow direct downloads. Websites that require additional software downloads before getting a free MP3 downloads are likely operated by scammers to track your web-surfing activity or to steal your personal information.